CALL FOR CHAPTER PROPOSALS
Proposals submission deadline: June 15, 2009
Handbook of Research on Mobility and Computing: Evolving Technologies and Ubiquitous Impacts
A book edited by Maria Manuela Cruz-Cunha & Fernando Moreira
We are pleased to invite you to contribute to the "Handbook of Research on Mobility and Computing: Evolving Technologies and Ubiquitous Impacts" within your field of expertise related to the handbook topics.
Mobility and Computing have experienced an amazing evolution during the last decade, with impact on business, economy and society, enabling new organizational models, new ways of working, new inter-organizational dynamics, increased flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness, in all sectors of activity.
The mission and overall objectives of this book
The mission of this book is to discuss the main issues, challenges, opportunities and trends related to this explosive range of new developments and applications, in permanent evolution, and impacting every organization and impacting society.
The overall objectives are:
- To discuss the importance of this technologies and their support to new applications and solutions, namely in sector of activity such as business, new organizational (and ubiquitous) models, eCommerce, government, eHealth, eLearning, etc.
- To present practical solutions and recent developments
- To introduce the state-of-the-art technologies
- To discuss organizational preparedness for new organizational models potentiated by ubiquity and mobility
- To discuss impact on society and on people
- To discuss critical success factors
- To discuss the future generations of communications and networks.
The book intends to collect the most recent developments on the technological, organizational and social dimensions of this highly potential technology of mobility and computing, that dictate a paradigm shift in organizations, society and people.
It is intended to cover the following aspects:
1. The technological dimension, addressing:
- Emerging technologies
- Wireless data communication networks
- Mobile technologies
- Standards and reference models
2. Impact on organizations, society and individuals, covering:
- New business models
- Collaborative work
- Social networks
- Studies on adoption
- Studies of impact
- Critical success factors
- Level of preparedness mainly of SME
3. Applications and solutions:
- Application to different sectors, from business to government services, from education to eHealth
- Relevant developments
- Technical considerations.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before June 15, 2009, a 1-2 page manuscript proposal clearly explaining the mission and concerns of the proposed chapter.
Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by June 30, 2009 about the status of their proposals. Upon acceptance, authors will have until October 10, 2009, to prepare their article of 4,000-8,000 words and 7-10 related terms and their appropriate definitions. Guidelines for preparing your article and terms and definitions will be sent to you upon acceptance of your proposal. All submitted articles will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis.
This handbook of research is expected to include at least 50 articles.
The book is scheduled to be published in 2010 by IGI Global, http://www.igi-global.com, publisher of Information Science Reference (formerly Idea Group Reference), Medical Information Science Reference, and IGI Publishing imprints.
Submissions should be forwarded electronically (Word document as attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org. LaTex files cannot be accepted.
For more detailed information, please visit http://mcruzcunha.com/mobility
For any questions, please contact the editors at email@example.com