Towards Management of Future Networks and Services
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
The 12th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2010) will be held April 19-23, 2010 at the Osaka International Convention Center, Osaka, Japan. Held in even-numbered years since 1988, NOMS 2010 will follow the 22 years tradition of NOMS and IM as the primary IEEE Communications Society’s forum for technical exchange on network and service management focusing on research, development, integration, standards, service provisioning, and user communities. NOMS 2010 will present up-to-date approaches and technical solutions for novel management paradigms to deal with the new management issues in future infrastructures such as Web 2.0 or beyond service environments, cloud computing platforms, large-scale datacenters, and the Future Internet, as well targeting the conventional issues in large and complex services, systems, and networks.
Workshops on specialized topics will be held on the days before (June 19) and after (June 23) the NOMS technical program. Workshop proposals are solicited. They will be reviewed by the NOMS 2010 Technical Program Committee.
A proposal to organize a full-day workshop should contain the following information:
· A draft of the CFP (includes title, description, topics and dates)
· Why is the topic area important?
· Likely contributors and target audience
· Organizing committee
· Plan for workshop advertising and publicity
· Biography of the main organizer(s) (100-200 words)
Workshop proposals should be sent by e-mail to the Workshop co-chairs:
· Georgios Kormentzas, University of the Aegean, Greece (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Luciano Paschoal Gaspary, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil (email@example.com)
Deadline for submissions has been extended to October 15, 2009.