20th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations and Management
DSOM 2009 (part of MANWEEK 2009)
October 27-28, 2009 - Venice, Italy
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
REGISTER NOW: https://ewi987.simpleweb.org/manweek2009/ "Integrated Management of Systems, Services, Processes and People in IT"
Two great keynote speeches confirmed!
"Managing Green": Management of Natural and Energy Resources and the Opportunities for our Community
Nikos Anerousis, IBM Research – USA
Autonomic Management for the Emerging Internet: Current State and Key Challenges
George Pavlou, University College London – UK
The International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations and Management (DSOM) is the premier annual workshop in the general area of network and services management. In its 20th edition, DSOM 2009 will be held October 27-28, 2009 in Venice, Italy, as part of the 5th International Week on Management of Networks and Services (MANWEEK 2009).
The primary theme of DSOM 2009 will be "Integrated Management of Systems, Services, Processes and People in IT", keeping its focus on the traditional network and system management disciplines, as well as extending it onto the emerging research field of managing all other "soft" aspects of IT, involving people and processes. IT management has evolved significantly over the past few years as IT-based solutions have become increasingly critical to the functioning of organizations. From device, network and systems management, solutions have evolved to include service management and IT governance, as witnessed by the recent popularity of ITIL and COBIT frameworks.
DSOM 2009 attracted a total of 50 paper submissions by authors from 20 different countries. Each paper received at least three, and in most cases four, reviews by experts in the field. A total of 14 submissions were accepted into the program as full papers (acceptance rate of 28%). These will be presented in 5 technical sessions, as follows.
Monitoring and Analysis Tools
• Design and Implementation of a Distributed Platform for Sharing IP Flow Records
• Design of a Stream-based IP Flow Record Query Language
• Monitoring Multiple Concurrent Service Level Parameters with Multidimensional Trees
• A Performance-Based Methodology to Improve Grid • Exploitation
• One Is Not Enough: A Hybrid Approach for IT Change • Planning
• Improving IT Change Management Processes with Automated
• Risk Assessment
Autonomic and Self-management
• A2A: An Architecture for Autonomic Management
• Consistency of States of Management Data in P2P-based
• Autonomic Network Management
• Self-Optimizing Hybrid Routing in Publish/Subscribe
People in IT and Decision Support for IT Management
• Workload Management in Dynamic IT Service Delivery Organizations • CHANGEADVISOR: A Solution to Support Alignment of IT
• Change Design with Business Objectives/Constraints
• Towards Robust IT Service Portfolio Management
Security and Virtualization
• Hidden Markov Model Modeling of SSH Brute-force Attacks
• Network Virtualization in Future Home Environments
Additional information about the final technical program is available at http://www.manweek.org/2009/dsom/programme.php.
REGISTER NOW and secure your space in the upcoming workshop at https://ewi987.simpleweb.org/manweek2009