Call for Papers and Case Studies (Bachelor and Master students)
3rd International Business Informatics Challenge and Conference 2008. IBIC’08
25th September 2008
Dublin City University, Ireland
Publication and Best Paper Award:
· Author(s) of the Best Paper will receive an award worth 500 Euro.
· Awards for Best Presentation and Best Research Paper.
· Each participant will receive a free copy of the proceedings.
· All accepted papers of high standard will be published in the conference proceedings.
Paper submission: 30 June 2008 (*)
Notification: 15 August 2008
Submission of camera ready version: 15 September 2008
Business Informatics Conference: 25 September 2008
Indicative publication date for proceedings: March 2009
(*) If the submission is part of a course at a University or equivalent third level institution, the deadline might be extended to facilitate submission deadlines during the semester. In this case, the faculty member should contact the conference organisers.
Call for Papers:
We invite Bachelor and Master students to submit Papers and real-live Case Studies illustrating how technological solutions were developed and applied for effective information systems to solve the business needs of organisations.
The paper might be a summary of the final year research project, but must document real-life cases or systems based on the application of informatics in organisations. It can describe successful utilisation of IT applications, but also failures and mismanagement of ICT resources and applications. Organisations might include companies, government organisations, educational institutions or non-profit organizations.
Areas of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
Methods and Methodologies
Reference Models and Modelling
Business Process Management and Modelling
Supply Chain Management and Logistics
Analytical Information Systems and Data Warehousing
Cost-benefit and Impact Analysis
IT and IS Architectures
Security and Privacy
IT and IS Management
Information Systems Development
Social Networks and Knowledge Communities
Performance Indicators and Measurement system
Process Simulation and Optimization
Knowledge Management and Discovery
Tool development and Software Engineering
Information Quality Management
Project Management and ICT
Database Systemsv Mobile Computing
Innovation and ICT
E- Business and E-Government
Further details and submission:
Conditions for eligibility:
· The International Business Informatics Challenge and Conference is open to all Bachelor and Master Students registered at Universities or equivalent Third level institutions. Entrants must be registered in 2008. Students at PhD / Doctorate level are not eligible to enter the competition.
· Individuals or teams typically not more than 4 students can submit a paper.
· Only one entry can be submitted by a student.
· Submissions must be the original work from Bachelor or Master Students and not submitted in this form to or accepted by any other competition, conference or journal.
· Some assistance or co-authoring by other individuals (such as the student’s faculty advisors) is encouraged and permitted as long as the student is the "first author" on the paper. Student(s) and Supervisor(s) should be stated and made clear on the first page (under Authors details).
· The research must have been conducted while the participant(s) is/are registered as a student.
Conference Organizers and Chairs:
Markus Helfert, Dublin City University Howard Duncan, Dublin City University